Friday, September 13, 2013

Hope Dangles on a String...

Like slow spinning redemption, 
Winding in and winding out... 
The shine of it has caught my eye, 
And roped me in so mesmerizing 
And so hypnotizing. 
I am captivated.

Slowly my skin is looking and feeling better. The redness is dissipating; the weeping occuring less often despite my incessant scratching.  Even the elephant skin seems less elephant-y.  I know I have a long, unpaved road to travel, but things are finally looking up.  There is hope intertwined in my basket of ever-changing emotions. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm still a slave to my skin every hour of the day. My nights are completely devoid of sleep. The itch insists on spending all day long with me despite my obvious disdain for it. I long for the day it finally packs up its bags and leaves for good. The nerve pain is still sticking around too, nevertheless it visits less often. I still dread showering since that is when it hits me the worse. My neck, followed by my chest, is the most affected by the nerve pain. However, my calves and feet are the reddest, bumpiest and itchiest. They were the last areas to flare so it makes sense they calm down last. 

Slowly but surely everything will go away. As someone who has suffered from terrible "eczema" flares for over a decade, I grow eager with anticipation when I think about the fact that one day all of this will finally be over. Every horrible symptom will merely be a horrible memory. I sincerely hope I've gotten past the worse, but I must keep a guarded mind. There is no way of knowing what will happen next, therefore I must keep realistic expectations.


No comments:

Post a Comment